Stress and Anxiety Reduction Group
Liliana Weichold, M.A., Psych Associate #PSB94027514
Supervisor: Dr. Trisha Rich-Thurm, M.A., PsyD #24976
Tuesdays 4:00-5:00 PM
Registration Required: (661) 429-0271
Serving the Antelope Valley
Everyone experiences stress and anxiety at one time or another. The difference between them is that stress is a response to a threat in a situation. Anxiety is a reaction to stress.
Every year millions of Americans are affected by Stress and Anxiety.
This group/class aims to therapeutically help people navigate stress and anxiety, teach how to reduce symptoms, and address issues related to causes.
Topics that will be discussed include (but not limited to):
- Understand that stress is an unavoidable part of everybody’s life
- Recognize the symptoms that tell you when you have chronic stress overload
- Explore and change the situations and actions that can be changed
- Learn to deal better with situations and actions that can’t be changed
- Create an action plan for work, home, and play to help reduce and manage stress
- Learn calming exercises
Letters are provided by request with 7 day-notice required in advance.